the return of the supper club.

A few years ago, when I was just out of school for the second time, a few of my work colleagues and friends thought a good alternative to the bar and meeting other available men was to have a potluck. Affectionally called the "Supper Club", the deal was that we would bring something to share and a friend. From the very first one at Trevor's place, it grew into something bigger. New people were met, new friends were made, some connections were made and some were even broken.

Jump a few years later since the last one and we decided to revive it. It was nice to hang out and catch up, and also meet some new people...:). My friends hosted a fantastic party and as gracious hosts, fun was had by all.

I have always felt that forging solid gay friendships for me was always more difficult than with straight men. Maybe it's because there will always be a sexual undertone, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I am very, very lucky to have a diverse set of friends and acquaintances with a variety of different interests and backgrounds, but gaining a good group of gay friends has always been a challenge. Some of them have moved away and lots have drifted apart. So it's really nice to finally forge true friendships with some really good (gay) people.

About this entry