picture taking.

On Tuesday, Ernie from San Francisco paid us Vancouver folks a visit. I've only met him a few times, but the great thing about having the folk arts as a shared passion is that there is an instant bond between those in the know. He's a bit of a foodie, and he wanted something very west coast, so we went to check out the Raincity Grill. It's a Vancouver institution and has been around for ages, but I have never had the chance to go. Anyways, we both partook in their tasting menu. Overall it was okay -- food (7/10 -- 3 out of the 5 dishes were memorable), ambiance (6/10 -- what's up with the decor?) and service (5/10 -- I could not hear a word our server was saying). I don't think I will be back.

However good conversation was had, and it was nice to catch up.

Ernie is a good photographer, and he took some good shots while he was here. Check them out here and here.

Ernie kept on commenting that "Vancouver is such a beautiful city". He inspired me to take some pictures of my own, in the morning and afternoon on my walks with Hiram.


About this entry