more on my previous post.

To address LG's comment regarding my "hot men project"...yes, they are all white guys (except for Gael, who's Mexcian). Anyways, I did try and think of including a) non-white guys; and b) gay guys. Not to get all serious about what should be a frivilous and fun list, but what does this say about me? Well, that I live in North America, and for the most part, there are few images of Asian men in the media. In addition, I'll put it out there and say that in general, Asian men in film and other media are portrayed are often desexualized. In my gay community, there is an entire sub-culture of Asians. I often feel I am regarded as as too banana (i.e. yellow on the outside, white on the inside) -- not yellow enough to be Asian, and not white enough to be white. Maybe it was that in my early days of coming out, I had to turn my back on my community because I was gay, and hence was drawn to people and things different than me. Maybe there are only white guys on the list because I've bought into the stereotype that white guys are hypermasculine, something that I secretly aspire too. Maybe the guys on the list are there because some of them portray or have a 'gay vague' persona. Maybe for the last 13 years I've directed a traditional folk dance company to bridge the gap between my ethnic and western identity?

Maybe I need another session with my therapist (j/k).

To set the record straight, I'm attracted to all types of guys. This is just a wish list, not my shopping list.

Ok, I'm done.

About this entry