[vancouver]
first day.
with my new gear in hand, i tagged along with ed and paul (or hollywood as they call him) up to whistler-blackcomb to meet up with shawn for our first day of riding. all of them had been riding or skiing for a real long time (like 15 years for shawn), and even though i partied a bit too hard the night before, i made sure that i went because since i'm sans car these days, so i'm always going to have to hitch a ride. well, even though the visability was low at points (i didn't have any goggles at first, but i quickly changed that situation as ice was getting stuck to my face :)), the snow was incredible and felt like a duvet when i would fall on my ass (and my side, and my shoulder etc). i did my best to keep up with those guys, but i had a little trouble with the ungroomed runs, and watched them in the distance as they went almost twice as fast and even lift off at some points getting some air with both ease and grace. near the end of the day, my legs were a bit tired, but i had a beter time on blackcomb this time around then the one and only time that i went last year.

needless to say, it was great to be up there in those mountains, and of course in the lodge after for apres ski :). there's nothing like it.

About this entry