[westwood plateau, coquitlam]
at what point do you cry?
my friends, lisa and stephen got married this saturday. i remember when my friends started getting married, almost instantly when the bride walked down the aisle to the point when the vows were exchanged that i started to cry. i have been in and have attended so many weddings (not my own of course) -- last year i was in 3 and went to 6 in total; this year i've been invited to 4. it's weird how i react to weddings as i get older. now instead of crying during the ceremony, it is almost always now during the speeches. i've tried to think hard about why that is -- and i think it is because i long for the day when i can share my feelings to my friends and family about who am and who i love in a very public way. it, i believe is truly a privilege that i will not take for granted when i finally 'get there'.

About this entry